Monday, November 23, 2009

Almost a Year ago

Well I can't believe its been almost a year already. This time last year Greg and I were getting ready to head to Arkansas for Thanksgiving. I remember the drive down there saying "I wish I was going down here and telling everyone I was pregnant" Well at the time I was on a certain medication that made me feel nautious, so I didn't think anything of it. We had Taco Bell on the way down and I immediately fell asleep right after eating. I wondered why I was so tired. I remember hearing the song "I Saw God Today" by George Strait and thinking aww I can't wait to have a baby....and also thinking and wondering if it would ever happen because we had been trying for over a year and no luck. Well we arrived in Conway and had Jumbalaya for dinner...later that night it decided to come back up. I still didn't think anything of it, just thought my stomach was upset. The next morning was Thanksgiving, we were getting in the car to head over to Granny and Pap's. Rachel offered me a Starbuck's Frappacinno which I love, but it didn't taste right at all. So we ate lunch at Pap and Granny's, then Rae and I were going to Grandma Betty's for lunch. Greg went home with Dad, Keith and Aaron and were loaded up to go to the cabin to hunt. Rachel drove us to Wal-Mart after me telling her 20x that "I'm not pregnant". So we buy some tests and she mase me take them in the WM bathroom. So I did, shoved it back in the box and waited to see the results in the parking lot. We were walking out, and I glanced and it said "pregnant" I had to look 5 more times and Rae was screaming "woohooooo" I am sure people were looking at us like we were crazy. So anyways thats how it all began. I called Greg and told him, but reassured him I was going to take another test to be sure. We told him not to tell Dad bc I wanted to tell him in person. So we ate at GMA's and I and Rae believe it or not kept our mouths shut about it..bc I atleast wanted to see the Dr first. We told Ashley when we got back to the house and she couldn't believe it either. So Jannette and I went shopping on Black Friday...and I bought more tests and took them, sure enough "pregnant". I was so excited but yet so anxious and nervous at the same time.

So the boys come back from the Cabin on Saturday. We were all in the kitchen waiting for dinner. Dad was grilling and we were trying to get the perfect moment to tell him. Greg hinted around several times about the "buns that were in the oven" but he didnt catch on. Finally Dad asked if I wanted a Beer. My response was "nope I can't" He had a confused look..and I said "well your going to be another Grandpa" and he was shocked and gave me a hug. Then he went out back to check the grill and came in and determied that it was already a boy. haha!

Little did I know..it was a long 9 months...but sooooooo worth it. Gosh I can't believe its been a year already since we found out. It seems like yesterday!


Me and Miss Sidney :)


No comments: